- Approximate total cost of one batch: $15.00
- Recommended serving size: 2 cups
- Total servings: 6
- Approximate cost per serving: $2.50
- 1-2 tablespoons ginger (Trader Joe’s does not sell organic, but Food Front Co-op does.)
- 1-2 tablespoons turmeric- optional (Food Front Co-op usually carries it. It looks just like ginger but a little different color (it may stain your knife/cutting board yellow). It is a little bit more expensive than ginger, but adds a nice flavor.
- 3 lbs frozen green beans (Trader Joe’s carries these for only $1.99/lb!)
- 1 lb ground beef (Trader Joe’s has organic, grass-fed 85/15 ground beef for $6.99/lb)
Tips for SIBO sufferers:
- Buy organic- SIBO sufferers often also have leaky gut which can result in toxins being released from the gut into the bloodstream. Also, if you suffer from constipation, your food is sitting in your gut longer, allowing your body a longer time to be exposed to the pesticides.
- Add the turmeric- it is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits which is important for SIBO sufferers whose guts are generally inflamed.
- The more you cook vegetables, the easier they are to digest. Find your perfect balance between tasty texture & good digestion.
- Serve with 1/3 lb of grilled wild-caught salmon or cod
- Cook two or three batches and freeze some of them for easy “TV dinners”
Tips for non-SIBO sufferers:
- Add garlic & onions and saute them with the ground beef.
- Serve with 1/4 lb grilled salmon or cod & baked sweet potatoes (super easy recipe: cut into 1/2 cm rounds- no need to peel them- toss in coconut oil or olive oil, bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping half way through).